19 July, 2009

A Reminder...

I know that we all have our own beliefs but this is not just a belief and a belief is just a thought you continue to think. This is something I know and I know because it is my experience. We are all Divine and One with each other and our Primary Source. Source has many labels...God, Allah, All That Is, etc. etc. It doesn't matter what the label is, it is all the same and in the end, the truth shall be known as only the truth will be left standing when all else that is erroneous will fall away. I can remember thinking a long time ago that God didn't exist because of all of the pain I went through and all of the pain that existed for others as well. That thought was based on the belief that (God) was in charge of everything and that we were just pawns in an immense game; that we had no control over what happened in the world. I spent a short time as an atheist, angry with (God) that he didn't do anything about all the "bad" people in the world and what they did. I don't remember when my turning point was. I had these thoughts throughout Jr. High and High School. I remember having a conversation with my Dad sometime in High School about him being an agnostic~ someone who neither believes nor disbelieves in God. I think I decided that it would be better to neither disbelieve or believe (in God) than not at all. And that's when I became an Agnostic. My Dad to this day is still an agnostic although he does believe in a power greater than ourselves though he prefers not to label it. After High School I left for the Air Force and I think after I got out in 1986 that I changed my mind again and decided that there is something greater than ourselves but I was still unsure of the details. I didn't like calling it "God". "God" had a negative idea attached to it probably from going to Church with my parents when I was young until about 8 yo. I hated Church and thought it was boring and didn't agree with what they were teaching. My mom has always been my beacon and my source for most of the foundation of information that I share. I know she was part of not most of the reason I started on a path of self discovery. Everything she shared with me was so interesting and captivated my attention. I think I intuitively knew that there had to be more to life that what I could perceive with my 5 senses. I have always been empathic although I wasn't as aware of it as I am now. I didn't always trust it as I do now either. So to end a long story, I can relate to people who are atheists and who are agnostic and I have no contempt for them because as I said earlier...only the truth shall be left standing. I've been there and if it hadn't been for my Mom and my relentless pursuit of information that could help me change and become someone I loved, I would still be there. I used to hate who I was and that attracted people to me that reinforced that thinking. Going into the USAF was a huge turning point for me. I remember thinking to myself that no one there knew me and didn't know what I had been through. In looking back, I can see in hindsight that it was a very powerful thought I had had. It was what allowed me to start being the person I wanted to be although it didn't start without some pitfalls. The point is that the thoughts we think aren't always the truth. It isn't until we have an experience of something that we know the truth. Our (head)thoughts can lie to us, but experience always tells the truth. My experiences cover a lot of ground from dreams that I've had where I felt the most incredible feeling of Love I've ever had (that I have never felt anything close to in waking life) to the intuitive "hits" I get about things that are about to happen or be said to the conversations I have with my guidance. You can call me full of shit but I know in my heart that we ARE all ONE and for someone who doesn't believe that, isn't that a better thought to have rather than to believe something less?

No comments:

Post a Comment