19 May, 2018

The True Meaning of Free Will and Karma (where to make a decision from)

I find that MOST people misunderstand what having "free will" means.  Most people think that means they can do whatever they want.  While that's true, they are missing the bigger meaning.  Our will is that part of us that is responsible for our decisions.  Before we make a choice of something, another choice comes first and this is where the "free" comes in.

There are two places to make a choice from:  Love or Fear.  This is what constitutes "duality".  It's the reason why we have an "ego".  In order for us to have "free will" it means there is more than one choice:  We are free to choose love or fear in our thinking/doing of things. Free will is honored by God and guides because to do otherwise would be to choose FOR US and that is interference!  It would negate God/god's free will to choose blindly so that we can have every experience we desire in order to know itself/ourselves.  It would also go against the path we have already laid before us.  To let us have our choice on our own and make our "mis-takes" is more loving than to "do it for us".  "To do it for us" would also be disempowering.  Make sense?  would love to hear comments about this...😐

Often, the choices made from fear (which for most people is most of the time) are the ones that become, "the lesson". lol  It's not bad, however, the outcome is showing you where you made your choice from.  The choices made from Love, however, are the ones that lead to the synchronistic happenings that are so fun and ALSO show you where you made your choice from.

It's easier to see if I give an example.  Lets say you have to get gas for your car and it's one of those cars that needs "high test".  It's the most expensive gas you can buy.  You only have $10 to put in the tank and you want to get the most out of your dollar.  Do you a:  buy the high test gas because you LOVE your car and you want the best for it or do you b:  buy the cheapest gas because you're AFRAID you won't get as far on the $10.   

If you chose a, this is the BEST choice you can make and more than likely, because you made your choice from a higher vibration, you will either go further than you thought on your $10 or you will magically attract more money to put in the tank when you need it.  The Universe always supports us in ANY decision we make but it's more evident when those little magical moments happen that seemingly come out of NOWHERE that leave us dumbstruck as to how they happened because it gave us exactly what we needed, when we needed it.

If you chose b, then more than likely because you made your choice from a lower vibration, you will experience something of the like:  Your car will give you some problems because you gave it cheap gas and you may have to spend EXTRA money you don't have to get it fixed.  The Universe is STILL supporting you by rewarding you with an experience that is showing you that there was a better choice to be made.  

This is how we are guided to changing our minds.  Karma is the outcome of all decisions.  There is no such thing as "bad" or even "good" karma (or luck!).  It is what it is.  It's only purpose is to show you where you made your choice from.

Karma only becomes "good" or "bad" when we look at it and think about it.  Actually, every situation is neutral until we assign its meaning with our thinking!  

It's important to know here, if you find yourself receiving "the lesson", DO NOT waste time beating yourself up about it.  You will achieve NOTHING and only do worse to yourself.  Accept you made a boo boo (mis-take) and fix your boo boo with a different decision.  This time, make sure it's out of Love!  Getting mired in self pity or anger only makes things worse.  

Now, how do you tell where you are making your decision from?  Before you do anything, ask yourself why your doing it.  If you hear yourself saying ANYTHING akin to fear, IE:  "I'm afraid that", or "I can't", "I shouldn't" etc.  STOP and re-asses your decision.  Not making a choice is still a choice and lots of times when we are anxious or feeling any of the lower vibrations, that is NOT a time to be making decisions as those decisions will lead to the "lesson".  The negative feelings are a clue that you are OUT OF ALIGNMENT with the "higher" part of yourself (that knows ALL) and that's how it communicates with you is through FEELING. So, obviously, if you don't feel good about a decision, DON'T MAKE IT!  

On the other hand, feeling joyous, good, excited, happy etc. is a clear indication that you ARE in alignment with your higher self (it is in agreement with your decision) and the best outcome is assured.  I want to emphasize here:  sometimes, even when we DO make the best decision, it's not immediately apparent.  Sometimes it LOOKS like we are going in the wrong direction or things happen that cause us to doubt we made the right decision, however, usually what is going on is there is a re-arrangement of energy going on or something is being changed that will RESULT in a HIGHER vibration manifesting for the BEST for all concerned.  We may not always like these changes when they happen and they may not look "right" but in the end and in hindsight, (hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20) you will see why it needed to happen that way.

I have my own example here.

If you'll notice, I did not write for a month between 2/26 and 3/26 because I moved and I started a new job that took up a LOT of my time on the learning curve.  

During that time, some events took place that I was SURE were happening but as it turned out, didn't really happen and I HAD to move.  Let me explain.

Back in September, I had moved in with a woman who is blind and needed help around the house with various things.  As I look back, one of my "mis-takes" was not getting more information about what was needed and who she was.  I really just didn't know what questions to ask at that point.  I thought the questions I did ask were enough.

As time went on, I was being asked to do things that weren't told to me up front and really, she didn't know were needed either, but it was stuff I didn't want to do because it got me involved in her "stuff".  lol  She also had a problem with alcohol and it was something she didn't want to do but felt it was the only thing that was going to help her sleep.  It wasn't so much her behavior that I was concerned about but that it messed with her memory.  She also was in front of the TV the whole time she was awake unless she went out which wasn't often.  That was very annoying to me as she had a voice activated TV remote that told her EVERYTHING as she did it and it was very loud and just on the other side of the wall from me.  I do not watch TV.

In early February, I left for a week to pet sit for a client.  When I came back, I was sitting on my bed and I looked over to the spot where I have my son's school picture and it was gone!  I wracked my brain to determine if I had moved it myself and taken it with me to my pet sit and I could NOT remember taking it with me.  

I asked my roommate if anyone had been in my room while I was gone and I told her my son's picture was gone.  She said no, so my only other choice was that my roommate had taken it.  She had told me that I needed to stop talking to her about spiritual stuff because she was convinced that her bout of diverticulitis was because of me.  I had to partially agree with her.  Only partially because while I was aware that she wasn't "digesting" the information I had given her, it was her choice as to what she thought about it.  So what my mind made up as to why she would have taken my son's pic was that she was mad at me for getting her sick.  

I told her that regardless of WHO took my picture, I no longer felt my room was safe without a lock on it.  She thought about it for a few days but by then, I had already changed the knob on my door. (my bedroom door did not have a lock on it at all) She decided that she didn't want her apartment on "lock down" lol and I told her that it wasn't the WHOLE apartment (eyeroll) that I wanted a lock on my door for MY peace of mind.  I didn't tell her I had changed the doorknob.  By this time I had decided I was going to move.  Whether it was her and she was lying or didn't remember or it was someone else, my privacy had been violated and my decision to leave was out of love of my self and my privacy.

I kept the old lock so when it came time to leave, I could put it back on so she could have it the way she wanted it.  

I left again for a few days with my door locked and when I came back, I noticed that someone had left a LOT of toilet paper in the trash can and I KNOW it wasn't me.  I do not use a foot of TP to pick my nose with which is what it looked like had been done.  By now, the upstairs neighbor was involved and I figured that she and my roommate had figured out I had changed the lock and to spite me, had used a credit card to get in.  I know this works because I did it myself with my own card to test my theory.

A few days later, I got a note on my door that said I need to move and that if I ever tried to argue with her or make any accusations of her, she would call the police. (another eyeroll, like she needed to do that)  I know this was at the encouragement of the upstairs neighbor.  Little did I know that when I walked in that night and she disappeared into her room, she was calling the police.  Before they got there, I sat down with her and told her that she was right; that I had not respected her right to live life the way she wanted and that I was going to do my best to move BEFORE her deadline.  As I finished, the look on her face was one of surprised and just after finishing my apology to her, there was a knock at the door.  I opened the door and there were two police officers standing there.  I invited them in and was actually GLAD they were there so I could tell MY side of the story which is why they were there anyway!  lol

After they left, we "made up" and made a plan for me to come back (I was pet sitting again) and watch "X Files" together on Wednesday night.  Some time after that, either that night or the next day, I don't remember, I went to get some of my Kombucha that I made off the kitchen counter that was covered by a cloth and I found one bottle OPEN!  (I know I didn't leave it open and it didn't open itself!) That was IT!  I was convinced that she was doing her best to "get back at me" or at the very least, the neighbor was trying to fuck with me.  I left and went back to my pet sit where I called the police and told them what I had found.  The officer gave me a choice; I could drop it and let it go or I could have him go over there to talk with my roommate and get her side of the story.  In hindsight, this was the decision that was crucial on my part.  I struggled with it, knowing how it was going to affect my relationship with my roommate and that we had just "made up".  

I chose to have him go over and talk with her.  After that, her whole attitude toward me changed and it became very stressful (for her) to have me around.  I was fine.  I was happy even though I had to find a place to move to and it really surprised me that I WASN'T more stressed.  I kept my door locked with a piece of duct tape over the place where the latch is so if it was moved, I'd know.  I made sure that I was there as little as possible and when I was, I was in my room which was normal for me anyway.  

I was able to move a full WEEK before I needed to to a wonderful house with a CONSCIOUS couple that have a dog, a cat and chickens living at the house.  I hadn't realize what a toxic environment I had been living in until I moved!  

I want to make it clear here... I find nothing wrong with my former roommate.  The bottom line was that we were not a vibrational match to each other.  Part of who I am is that I am able to adapt to various situations as I need to and when I picked up Lynda in my taxi and she told me about her room for rent, I was actually looking to move because my former roommates before her had chosen to rent out their extra bedrooms to AirBnB people and I was OVER it!  lmao  It wasn't working well for me at all with the "revolving door".  I liked her when I met her and it seemed like what she needed was reasonable and I was willing to help her out.  

I see that whole situation as an opportunity to further refine my values and see that it's not always in my best interest to help someone.  At least I wasn't "pushy" with her as I have been in the past.  She did want to make changes to her lifestyle, however, because she was/is wrapped up completely in the allopathic medical system, it's going to be difficult for her and she was not ready for what I had to share with her and did not like my suggestions.  I'm grateful that I was able to recognize that what she needed and what I had to offer were not in synch and it was better for both of us that I left.  

I DID follow my heart in my decision to move in with her, however, the cheap rent and the  convenience of having a health food store and coffee shop right next door was enough to keep me in that toxic situation.  When I made the choice to move, the Universe took control and orchestrated events to that I would HAVE to move because otherwise, I would have stayed since we "made up".

I have to say, until I saw all this in hindsight, it was very perplexing to me why it happened this way.  I say this because a couple of weeks after I moved, I found the picture of my son that I thought was stolen.  One one hand, I felt bad that I had accused my roommate of stealing it but on the other, after some contemplation, I realized that it had to happen this way because I AM so adaptable and I WOULD have stayed there and it was better that I left.  

I know this was a looong explanation as to why things don't always look "right" when they are happening but hopefully you can see what I mean because it all worked out for the best.  I have not been back to see Lynda since I moved and I'm not sure if telling her that I found that picture and apologizing to her would be the best thing.  I have thought about it.  

I'm just going to trust that she is getting the guidance and help that she needs at her level that she can handle.  I was a little too much for her! lol  Again, there is nothing wrong with what she is doing, I didn't agree with her lifestyle and she had issues with my "help".  And it's all OK.  

I left on top because even though I did experience frustration and a bit of anger, I handled it well and didn't have a "tantrum" over it.  Even when I thought I had lost my son's picture forever, I got an even BIGGER one to replace it that hadn't been given away yet... lol  AND, it got a lock for my door out of my love of privacy and protecting it.  

All in all, I'm happy with how things turned out and my own behavior through it all.  I hope Lynda is happy and in a better situation and has the help she needs.👍💪😃💕

No comments:

Post a Comment