23 May, 2022

Continuation...💖

The next day when I spoke with Mike, he had calmed down.  He had spent several hours the night before chatting with his old buddies from the AF; many of whom I had known.

It was getting closer to my departure date and I was a little nervous because I hadn't secured a place to stay yet.  The one place I had found that looked like it was in a good spot disappeared overnight and I was back at square one again.

Finally, a few days later, I found a studio with a kitchen that looked like it would be just what I needed; only a little further away from the center of activity on the island.

Later, as it turned out, this was to be a MUCH better place for me to be.

 

As my departure date drew near, I got my ride from the airport set up, rented a bike for a week and started packing a week before so that I could make sure I had everything I was going to need.  There was a "flow" present that I noticed that helped immensely in recognizing I was still going in the right direction/right timing.

The Monday before I left was the first day of court for Mike.  He had driven to Georgia the day before so he could be there for the first day.

I left the next day and experienced an ease and grace at the airport that I hadn't seen in a long time!  lol  It seemed as though TSA had relaxed a LOT.  I still had to go through all the BS that they make you do, however, I didn't have to go through any searches.


As soon as I landed, I was hit with the heat and humidity of a hot Florida Spring.  It felt SO good! 😎 It had felt like Winter still the last week that I spent in Colorado.

After I got settled into my little apartment, I grabbed the bike and went to the Publix grocery store to get what I thought I need for the next week.

When I got back, I took a walk down to a place on Estero Island called "Times Square"; a namesake of the same in New York only much smaller.  lol  It was really just a small collection of retail shops, restaurants, bars and resorts for the tourists.  

It didn't take long to see everything and I ended up on a back street loop and started to pass by a resort called "The Lighthouse".  I decided to go in and ask if they had Karoke there.  The woman at the counter said, yes and that it was that night!

I went back later to check out the scene and found one empty chair just opposite the stage.  It wasn't long before this short, bald guy took the seat in front of me and I saw he had a little dog on his lap with a harness that said, "service animal"...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment